Skip to main content.

Rethink Health Insurance.

Pay for the coverage you need, not the coverage you don't.

Pick Your Personalized Plan

Your personalized quote is just a few clicks away. Let's get started.

My zip code is and I'm a year old

Please fill in the requested information above.

Monthly Payment
Adjust slider to update details.

Your Plan

Coinsurance

-

Deductible

-

Out-Of-Pocket

-

Maximum Benefit

-

Example Plan

What's Covered?

Monthly Payment

-

Deductible

-

Coinsurance

-

Out-of-pocket

-

Maximum Benefit Per Coverage Period

-
12 month policy duration

Premium

Your premium is your monthly payment. This is what many people notice first, because it has the most immediate financial impact.

Deductible

Your deductible is the amount that you are responsible for before your health insurance kicks in. Once you reach your deductible, you pay a percentage of the remaining costs for covered expenses.

Coinsurance

Coinsurance is how costs are shared between you and the insurance provider after meeting your deductible. For example, if you have an 80/20 plan, the insurance company will pay for 80% of covered medical expenses, leaving you responsible for 20%.

Out-of-Pocket Maximum

Your out-of-pocket maximum is the max amount that you could possibly pay for healthcare in a year. Your health insurance will pay for covered medical costs that extend beyond your out-of-pocket maximum. Your out-of-pocket maximum does not include your monthly premium or any services that are not covered by your health insurance plan.

Maximum Benefit Dollar Limit

The maximum benefit dollar limit refers to the maximum amount of money that an insurance company (or self-insured company) will pay for claims within a specific time period.

We're Sorry

Our online application is not currently available in your area. Please contact 844-961-9645 to speak with one of our licensed health insurance agents who can review your available options.

How Vera Works


Radical transparency. That’s how we work at Vera. We’re here to streamline the path to Short-Term Medical coverage by giving you the freedom and confidence to choose the best plan for your lifestyle. No mysteries. No fluff. No hassle.

What Makes Vera Different?

Flexibility

Your health insurance is personal. We give you the opportunity to buy it that way, so you don’t have to pay for parts that you don’t need.

Radical Transparency

You deserve to know exactly what you’re getting. That’s why we break everything down in simple terms to help you understand every part of your plan.

Low Premiums

Vera offers access to coverage with lower rates, so you can save money on your health insurance and have more financial freedom.

Who Can Use Short-Term Health Insurance?

Today, you have a lot more choices when it comes to protecting your wallet against costs related to unexpected illnesses and accidents than ever before. Short-term health insurance can provide you with some financial peace of mind when unexpected health emergencies arise. Now, you can rely on your temporary health insurance for up to one year with the option to renew coverage up to two additional times, depending on your state.

Short-term health insurance can be a viable option for many people, like:

  • Self-employed workers
  • Those between jobs
  • People who do not receive health insurance from their employers
  • People on a tight budget who rarely use health care services

If you fall into this list, you should know that you can now get a short-term health plan that fits your lifestyle. Vera provides you with access to affordable short-term health insurance with affordable premiums.

Vera Health offers short-term health insurance plans with coverage that lasts up to 12 months*. Depending on your state’s laws, you may also be able to renew your plan up to two additional times.

*Maximum policy period is 364 days.

Why Vera? Vera values transparency, simplicity and freedom.

Why Vera?

We’re health insurance simplified. Vera Health values transparency, simplicity, and flexibility. We provide access to short-term health insurance plans designed with you in mind, so you can have the freedom to decide what works for your lifestyle. Discover health insurance your way.